Love, Love, Sweet Love - A Poem

 
Love, love, sweet love
 
My heart is filled with pleasant memories
 
Each time you call my name that way only you can
 
Ada, you've turned my heart into a tempestuous wave
 
That rises to fall at the sight of your face
 
Those dreamy dimples cage me
 
The sweetness of your voice
 
Is like the song of a happy warrior
 
Coming back to whistle into the ears of his darling 
 
 
Nwanyioma, 
 
You are a bunch of scented roses
 
Held out to please a beloved heart
 
Given by a man in love
 
So memorable like a tight hug
 
Shared in front of a waterfall
 
Your scent is original fantasy
 
Oh! In your eyes I melt
 
 
Nnem, when I hold your hands
 
And look into your eyes
 
Searching for joyful tears
 
Tell me you love me
 
Steal a kiss from my lips
 
Let me chuckle and dream dreams
 
For I see a restful blue moon
 
Each time I look into your eyes
 
Oh, your face is so adorable
 
The stars are dancing etighi 
 
Like the happy days mother held your face
 
And called you my wife
 
 
We are a river flowing of love
 
Our hearts are bridges mending torn hearts
 
We hold the aces, all are portraits of love
 
Love, love, sweet love.
 
 
(Ada - name given to a first daughter. Nwanyioma - a good woman; the name used by a man to dance around his woman's heart for favour. Nnem - my mother)
 
- a poem by Alexander Thandi Ubani
send feedback to thandiubani@yahoo.com

SHARE THIS

Author:

Previous Post
Next Post