Please Help! I Am Being Forced to Marry the Man Who Tried to Sexually Abuse Me Many Times


 
File photo used only for illustrative purpose
 
The young woman has poured out her heart telling of the immense pressure from all angles to marry the man she does not love.
 
Below is what she wrote:
 
****************************************
 
I will be 21 years old by July and I have a guy 13 years older than me who wants to marry me. I have known him since childhood as a womaniser. He even tried to sexually to abuse me on many occasions. I can't go into details of the abuse here, but he did try to abuse me severally.
 
Well, he added me on Facebook sometime ago, and we chatted once in a while until February this year when he declared his feelings.
 
The thing is I don't love him at all and I can't even pretend in as much as he calls begging me to forgive him his past and accept him. The only problem I have is my parents. Somehow they got involved and now insist I marry him.
 
In fact, there were threats from my dad to kill and disown me if I don't marry him. I thought of suicide but I finally accepted for peace to reign because the guy is not in Nigeria and will be back on December, according to him, to do traditional and white wedding before going back.
 
Early this year we went to prayer and I was told my husband is around the corner, that he is short with wealth that I should not ignore him.
 
Even when we did family prayer, I was told my husband is outside and that before the year runs out, I will get married.
 
My parents are desperate to have an in-law. I told the guy to give me time to love him back as is not easy for me but he is persistent and it is depressing. I feel like killing myself or running away whenever I remember it.
 
They said he is the right man for me but I don't love him.
 
On Sunday his people came to my house to officially make a statement. Due to fear of what my dad will do to me, I played along.
 
The man's father called and asked me if I was happy, and I told him I am just normal. 
 
Please, should I quit everything or should I just wait from now to December to see if the love will come?

SHARE THIS

Author:

Previous Post
Next Post