I Used My Hands to Hold My Intestines - Student Survivor of Mile 12 Lagos Clash Narrates Experience

Kalejaiye being taken care of by his mother
A 16-year-old candidate of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination, Kalejaiye Bolaji, who was a victim of the fatal clash that killed many people at the Mile 12 area of Lagos State has recounted his ordeal on that fateful day.

The JAMB candidate was caught in the sporadic bullet gunfires by policemen at the scene, as he returned from the UTME examination center that afternoon.
Kalejaiye who has just undergone one phase of surgical treatment at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) and still waiting to go under the blades for another phase of the surgeries, narrated his experience of the deadly Mile 12 clash in Lagos.
Kalejaiye being interviewed by AIT reporter
The survivor of the fatal clash of ethnic agitators, said;  "I had just left my center after writing the JAMB test and when I got to the road at Mile 12, I saw people raising their hands, and I also did same, just to be able to get home," he started.
He said a gun bullet had suddenly pierced him from behind and he next saw his intestine pouring out of his stomach at his front. "I used my hands to hold my intestine from falling down and I was pushing them back inside," he continued.
He said he saw a police station and hastened his steps there for protection and help, but was bounced out by the police officers who saw him dying with a delicate bullet-opening on his stomach. "They said this is a police station and not a hospital. They shouted at me to go out," he said as he narrated.
A medical enthusiast, Bolaji who scored 250 in the JAMB test said he is studying with utmost dream to become a medical Doctor.

"I have a strong will to live my dream as a medical Doctor and I have assured my parents that I shall survive this. I will not die," he declared.

SHARE THIS

Author:

Previous Post
Next Post